nav bar

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Creating a Photo Light Box

 
 
 
 
I have been wanting to make a light box for a while now.
 
I finally made one.
 
Yes, it does make a difference!
 
I read a lot of blogs, look at scrapbook galleries, and watch YouTube videos. I have always wondered how their pictures turn out so bright and true to color. Light bulb moment - I needed a light box. 
 
If you google or search on YouTube for "light box" you will come up with a lot of choices and tutorials. I chose to go with the cardboard box option.
 
Here are the two videos that I used as my tutorial when making my box.  These are perfect and will explain everything if you want to make your own box.
 


Supplies Needed:
Cardboard Box
Packing Tape
White Tissue Paper
White Poster Board
Box Cutter and Scissors
Good Light Source with daylight bulbs

Here is how mine turned out and how I will be using this light box.

The small tripod is from Best Buy and my camera is a Canon SD1400 IS. I just have the box sitting on my craft desk and will be storing it underneath the desk when not in use.




For my light source, I am using my Ott light and my tall corner lamp. The most important thing about this project is to use the new daylight light bulbs.

I love how my pictures look. So clean and bright. No more glare or dark colors.


Thanks for looking! Have a great day!!
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Wow...what a great idea! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to do this!! I need better pictures! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. I try to take mine so the sun is shining on them rather than a flash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I forgot to mention, with all of the light shining into the box, you turn off the flash on your camera. You definately don't need it. Shelly

      Delete
  4. Love this photobox, never thought to do it this way!! I really need to set up one, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad I found you from the Embracing Messy blog hope. I make cards too, so I love this light box idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I love your blog and subscribed to you as well! Thanks for coming by. Hugs, Shelly

      Delete